Fire in Electronic Market Destroys Property worth Crores

Typography

Patna: Properties worth several lakh rupees were destroyed after a fire broke out in the Chandni Market near Patna Junction that houses dozens of electronic and electrical shops in the state capital.

With the market's odd location and narrow approach road, it took several minutes for the fire trucks to make their way into the site of the blaze causing immense damage in electrical items to the tune of several crore rupees, shop-owners said.

Though no one was said to be hurt in the incident, it was evident merely by looking that the loss to the shops because of fire and water was enormous.

With low-hanging electrical wire above, it took nearly an hour for the fire trucks to get the flame under control.

Authorities are trying to identify the source of fire though unofficially short-circuit was being blamed for the incident.

BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS

PhotoGallery

photogallery module

Your Favorite Recipes on PD

Recipes

Latest Comments