A note from Mrs. Ranjana Lal: Even though I am a vegetarian, it's a favorite in my family and liked by my friends too. Easy to make and if less oil is used, very healthy.
Chili Chicken Directions
- Mix chili garlic (Sambal) sauce, vinegar, Tabasco sauce, sugar, vegetable or olive oil, soy sauce, salt, and tomato ketchup in a bowl and keep aside.
- Fry 1 medium green bell pepper, cut in ¼ inch long strips and 1 big onion, also cut in thick long strip in a hot non-stick pan in as little oil as possible for 2 minutes and keep aside for later use. Cut chicken in medium size pieces. Wash and drain.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients for marinade with chicken pieces, mix, cover and keep in fridge for about 3 hours.
- Heat ½ cup oil in a pan and add chopped chicken along with marinade.
- Reduce heat and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and turn over the chicken pieces.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes again.
- Remove from fire and keep aside.
- In another pan, heat ¼ cup oil and add the chopped onion, ginger and garlic. Stir and fry over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the green chili, red chilies, and special chili garlic sauce and cashews.
- Mix and stir and fry on high heat for 2 min.
- Add already cooked chicken and stir fry for 4 minutes.
- Garnish with fried green bell pepper and onion strips. Serve.