A great north-Indian chicken recipe.
Waiting time 10m
Chicken Kolhapuri Directions
- Roast til (sesame seeds), red chili, and khas-khas in a pan making sure they don't turn brown.
- Add grated coconut. Add brown onions and make a paste out of them.
- Marinade chicken in ginger garlic paste along with turmeric and salt for about 1/2 hr to 45 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, add finely chopped onions, and fry until it starts changing colour.
- Add remaining ginger garlic paste and the chopped tomatoes.
- Cook until oil starts leaving the pan. Add chicken along with the marinade. When the chicken is slightly cooked, add 1 1/2 cup of water to make thin gravy. Add onion paste along with 1 tbspn of salt.
- After it starts to boil, add garam masala powder, cover, and let it simmer until the chicken is done.
- Garnish with coriander (cilantro) leaves.