Note: If you don't find minced chicken at the store, buy skinless, boneless chicken, wash and dry, then grind in a food process with mincing steel blades.
Waiting time 5m
Chicken Keema Directions
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and the crushed dry red chilies. When the seeds begin to sizzle, add the ground chicken.
- Cook until the chicken is evenly browned.
- Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onion. Cook until the onion begins to turn brown.
- Add garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes and then add chopped tomatoes. Also, add turmeric, red chili, cumin and coriander powders, and mix.
- Cook until the tomatoes are cooked and the oil separates.
- Now add browned ground chicken. Cook till the chicken and tomato have mixed together (about 15 minutes) stirring frequently.
- Add salt, yogurt, water, and kasuri methi. Boil, then cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 min.
- Add the peas and garam masala powder, and cook for another 10 min.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro and sliced boiled eggs.