A sweet for all occasion.
Waiting time 20m
Pistachio Halwa Directions
- Put pistachio in a bowl, top with boiling water and soak 30 minutes.
- Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with waxed paper.
- Drain pistachios thoroughly and put in a blender (mixer).
- Add milk and process in blender until finely chopped, scraping mixture down from sides once or twice.
- Stir in sugar.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet, add butter and melt over medium-low heat.
- Add nut paste and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is very thick.
- Stir in vanilla extract, then spoon into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Cool completely, then cut into 20 squares using a sharp knife.