Quick and easy way to prepare Shrimp Scampi. Can be a part of a full meal or can be served as snack with alcoholic drinks.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 pound(s) Shrimp, shelled, de-veined
- 1 pinch(es) Salt, as per taste
- 4 Garlic, or 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) Butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) White Wine
- 1 teaspoon(s) Red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch(es) Black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon(s) Lemon juice, fresh
Shrimp Scampi Directions
- Heat a sauté pan on high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the olive oil and butter.
- Once the butter melts, foams up and subsides, add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté for a minute, or until you see the edges of some of the garlic just beginning to brown.
- As soon as the garlic begins to brown, add the shrimp to the pan.
- Then add the white wine and stir to combine and coat the shrimp with the butter, oil, and wine.
- Spread the shrimp out in an even layer in the pan.
- Increase the heat to the highest setting and let the wine boil vigorously for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the shrimp over, or toss them so the cooked sides are mostly facing up, and boil the wine for another minute.
- Remove from the heat, add the parsley and toss to combine.
- Add the lemon juice and black pepper.
- Serve with garlic bread or spread over pasta or rice.
I tried it for the first time today and it came out real good. Quick and very delicious. I have adde...
See Full Review >> - Nandini Mukherjee, USA
Turned out great. Thanks. - Alka