Shrimp & Fish Ball Curry
For 4 Person(s)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 2 green chilies, seeded, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cup(s) vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- 2 eggs (beaten separately)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) white bread crumbs
- 4 ounce(s) cooked, peeled shrimp
- 1 pound(s) white fish fillet like Sole, Cod, Whiting, or Monkfish. Skinned
- 2/3 cup(s) coconut milk
- 14 ounce(s) chopped tomatoes
Shrimp & Fish Ball Curry Directions
- Rinse fish and remove any bones.
- Mince fish and shrimp, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup of bread crumbs, 1 egg, cilantro, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well and form into 24 balls.
- Roll balls in remaining egg, then in remaining bread crumbs to coat completely.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy saucepan, add onion and cook, stirring, 5 minutes to soften.
- Add chilies, garlic and turmeric; cook 2 minutes more.
- Stir in coconut milk and tomatoes and cook , uncovered 20 minutes, until reduced and thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Half-fill a deep pan or deep-fryer with oil and heat to 375f (190c), or until a 1-inch bread cube browns in 50 seconds.
- Fry fish balls 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with the sauce.