Kolkata-style fish made in yogurt.
For 2 Person(s)
- 2 pieces of Rehu fish
- 1/2 cup(s) yogurt (beaten)
- 1 onion, small (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red chili powder
- 1/2 inch grated ginger
- 2 cloves
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 green cardamom
- 1 dry red chili
- 2 tablespoon(s) musturd oil (can be substituted by vegetable or canola oil)
Doi Machch Directions
- Take the fresh beaten dahi in a bowl and add grated onion, turmeric powder, salt, sugar, red chilli powder, and grated ginger.
- Mix the ingredients to a paste and dip the fish pieces in the paste. Refrigerate it for 1 hour to marinate.
- Crush the cloves, cinnamon stick, and the green cardamom to a coarse powder.
- Heat mustard oil in a wok, add one dried red chili first and then the coarse powder.
- Sim the flame and add the marinated fish along with dahi paste, cover the wok with a lid and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Note: Do not add water while cooking. Also, do not turn around the marinated fish while it is being cooked.