Kabuli Chana (Bombay Style)
Absolutely mouth-watering. Goes great with roti, puri, or paratha and even rice!
For 4 Person(s)
- 3 cup(s) boiled kabuli chana (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric (haldi) powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) besan (Gram flour) mixed with a little water to make a paste
- 2 Whole green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 inch crushed ginger
- 2 Whole firm tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Kabuli Chana (Bombay Style) Directions
- Heat oil in a pan; mix all the spices with the gram flour paste.
- Fry in oil until water evaporates and the oil leaves the pan.
- Add chana to the the spice mixture, add ginger and chopped tomatoes.
- Toss the ingredients well. Simmer gently for about 5 to 7 mins.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to it.
- Add cilantro leaves and chopped chilies.
- Add a touch of lemon juice before serving.