Aloo Paneer in Sarson ka Masala
A delight for veggie-lovers.
Aloo Paneer in Sarson ka Masala Directions
- Heat oil to deep-fry potatoes (if low fat needed, then pan fry the potatoes with 2 teaspoon oil in a nonstick pan). When the oil is hot, put the potato in it and deep fry for 5 mins or till potatoes turn gold. Take off the stove. Drain oil from potato and place it in a plate.
- In the remaining hot oil, fry the paneer cubes for 1 minute, drain and keep aside (again for low fat purpose, heat 2 tsp oil in the nonstick pan and fry the paneer till golden, then add 1 cup water, bring it to boil, drain the water and use the paneer for cooking).
- Take out excess oil from the karaahi so that only 2 tbsp remains. Reheat the oil, and put Jeera, Tejpatta, dried red chili and mustard seeds.
- When jeera and mustard seeds begin to splutter, add tomato, ginger- garlic paste, mustard paste and all the powdered masalas and saute for 5 mins. Add the fried potatoes, salt and saute again for 3 mins.
- Add desi ghee and boiled water to the subzi. Cook subzi on high for 3 mins till the water starts boiling and then on medium-low for 10-15 mins. Add the paneer cubes, Whipping cream and mix gently. Cook again for 2 mins on low heat.
- Garnish with dhania patta.