Matar Moogodi Aloo Sabzi
Potato curry with green peas and Moong Dal Badi - quite popular in Bihar and UP.
For 2 Person(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup(s) moong badi
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed in 1/2" pieces
- 2 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 1 pinch(es) asafetida powder (heeng)
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) coriander powder (dhania)
- 2 teaspoon(s) red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) garam masala powder
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Matar Moogodi Aloo Sabzi Directions
- Heat oil in a pan with 1 tsp oil. Sauté moong badi until golden in color.
- Heat remaining oil in a pot. Add heeng, cumin seeds, and haldi powder.
- When seeds starts to splutter, add cubed potatoes and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add salt , mix and cover. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, chili powder and garam masala powder to potato.
- Mix and sauté for a minute, then add tomato and 2 cups water.
- Mix and add peas and moongodi, then boil and cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Serve with chopped cilantro (hara dhaniya patta) sprinkled.