Matar Paneer (Resturant Style)
Matar Paneer (Resturant Style) Directions
- In a blender, grind onion, ginger, garlic, cloves, badi elaichi, and tomatoes to a smooth puree.
- Heat oil in a pot and add onion tomato puree. Cook till thick and dry. Reduce flame and cook till oil separates.
- Add well beaten yogurt or whipping cream. Mix and cook till oil separates again on low flame. Add red chili and coriander powder. Mix and add peas and cook for one minute.
- Add enough water to get a thick gravy.
- Cover and cook till peas are done, which will be 4-5 mins.
- Add paneer, salt and garam masala. Cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes till paneer gets soft and oil separates. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve with puri or paratha.
- Note: Same gravy can be used for Koftas.