A rich variation of potato-cauliflower subzi.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 tablespoon(s) coriander seeds
- 3/4 inch ginger
- 4 piece(s) cloves
- 8 Whole Kashmiri chilies
- 450 grams cauliflower, washed and dried
- 250 grams potatoes, boiled and peeled
- 250 grams green peas
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 small onions, sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) ghee
- 2 cup(s) ghee (or vegetable oil) for deep frying
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) saffron
- 2 tablespoon(s) yogurt
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Mughlai Cauliflower Directions
- Put the paste ingredients in a blender and make a nice, thick paste. Set aside.
- Cut vegetables in big pieces.
- Fry sliced onions in ghee until light brown in color.
- Make a separate paste of the fried onions.
- Heat ghee in a pot and fry chopped onions until brown. Add chili-spice paste and fry again till oil separates.
- Add the vegetables and stir fry for 5 minutes. Now add 2 cups of water. Boil on high then lower heat and simmer.
- Cover and cook the vegetable until they are soft.
- Add onion paste and salt. Mix and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Mix saffron in curd and crush lightly. Add to vegetable and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve hot sprinkled with chopped cilantro.