Chana Jaisalmer Ka
Very tasty with a touch of Rajasthan!
For 2 Person(s)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Bengal gram (kala chana)
- 1 1/2 cup(s) yogurt (dahi)
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) garam masala powder
- 4 tablespoon(s) pure ghee
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) asafetida (heeng) powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro (coriander) leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) coriander powder
- 4 teaspoon(s) gram flour (besan)
- 4 Whole green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Chana Jaisalmer Ka Directions
- Soak kala chana overnight in four cups of water.
- Drain; add four cups of water and pressure-cook until done.
- Drain and reserve the liquid.
- Take chana in a bowl and mash them lightly.
- In a bowl mix yogurt, gram flour, turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, and mix well taking care that there are no lumps.
- Add green chilies and mix.
- Add one cup of the reserved liquid and mix.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add heeng, cumin seeds.
- When they begin to change color, add the yogurt mixture and stir.
- Add chana, check for salt, and add some more of the reserved liquid.
- Bring it to a boil and cook for five to ten minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.