Right for any occasion.
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 1/2 pound(s) chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) tandoori masala, available at any Indian grocery store
- 2 teaspoon(s) garam masala
- 1 inch ginger root, grated
- 1 1/4 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh chilantro, for garnish
- 1 lime wedges, for garnish
Tandoori Chicken Directions
- Rinse chicken pieces, pat dry with paper towels, then slash meaty parts two or three times.
- Place chicken in a shallow non-metal dish. Sprinkle with lime juice and salt. Set aside.
- Put onion, masalas, ginger-root, salt and yogurt into a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade; process until smooth and frothy.
- Pour over chicken and cover loosely. Marinate in the refrigerator 6 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400F (205C). Drain excess marinade from chicken pieces; places them in a roasting pan.
- Cook 25 to 30 minutes, until tender and well browned.
- Serve hot, garnished with onion, cilantro and lime wedges.