Low Fat Non-Fried Moong Dahi Vadas
For those who love the chat, samosa, etc.
Low Fat Non-Fried Moong Dahi Vadas Directions
- For the vadas
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Add the green chilies and blend in a mixer with very little water to make a thick batter.
- Add the asafetida and Eno's fruit salt and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick sandwich toaster and spread some of the mixture in each cavity. Close and heat. When ready, the mixture will be toasted into triangular shaped pieces.
- Remove the toasted pieces and soak them in warm water for 20 minutes. Thereafter, squeeze out the water and arrange the vadas on a plate.
- For the curd:
- Whisk the curds with the salt and refrigerate till required.
- Heat the oil and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafetida and green chilies. Add this to the whisked curds and mix well.
- How to finish ---
- Spread the seasoned curds over the vadas. Sprinkle the cumin powder, chili powder and coriander on top and serve. If you like, also add the khajur imli ki chutney.