For 2 Person(s)
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) ajwain
- 1 teaspoon(s) mangraila (onion seeds)
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, oil, salt, baking powder, cumin seeds, mangraila, and water starting with ¼ cup to make a stiff dough. Add more water, if too dry.
- Knead dough a few times and divide into 2" balls. Roll balls into 1/16-inch thick circles then cut circles into strips (2 to 3") long and 3/8" (1 cm) wide.
- Deep fry strips in two or three batches in 350° oil until golden brown.
This is my all time favorite snack. I make it in large quantity and store it in air-tight plastic co...
See Full Review >> - Vaishakhi Chatterjee