Aloo Gobhi Pulao
Pulao (pilaf) for veggie-lovers. (Requires a pressure cooker)
Aloo Gobhi Pulao Directions
- Clean, wash and soak rice in water for at least 15 min. Drain water & keep aside.
- Heat ghee in pressure cooker, add shah jeera, regular jeera, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves. Sauté on med flame for a few second.
- Add potato, cauliflower and stir fry on low heat for 5 min.
- Add rice, turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala and salt, sauté on med flame for 2 min.
- Add 3 cup hot water, mix well and pressure cook on a high for 2 long whistles.
- Open lid by allowing steam to escape by keeping cooker under running water. This does not allow the pulao to over cook.
- Serve hot garnished with Cilantro.