Healthy, non-fat side-dish goes great with rice, roti, or khichri.
Aloo Chokha Directions
- Cut the potatoes in 1" pieces. Cut the onion thin length wise. Mince the garlic.
- Put oil in a karahi (skillet or bowl). Put the dried red chili, coriander seeds in the oil and let it splutter.
- Put the onions in the karahi and fry till red. Put the green chili and the garlic.
- When the onions turn red put the potato and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- One by one put salt, jeera-dhaniya powder and 3/4 cup of water. Cover it with lid and simmer. Cook the potatoes until they are soft. Chokha does not have curry so no water should be there.
- Put the amchur powder and mix it with the potatoes.
- Take the chokha out in a bowl. Garnish with cilantro.