Aloo Methi Patta Sabzi
The aroma of methi patta itself is enough to fill your mouth with water!
For 2 Person(s)
- 4 medium-sized potatoes, boiled, cooled, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) mustard and cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) heeng (asafetida) powder
- 4 garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) ginger, grated
- 1 stalk of curry leaves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of methi leaves
- 4 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) raisins
- 2 tablespoon(s) roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
Aloo Methi Patta Sabzi Directions
- Pick and clean methi leaves, allow all water to drain.
- Chop coarsely
- Heat oil, add seeds, heeng and allow to splutter.
- Add curry leaves, onions, garlic, ginger and stir fry till onions are light brown.
- Add potato and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add methi leaves, all other ingredients, except lemon juice.
- Mix, stir fry for 5 min, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take off lid, add lemon juice, and stir again.
- Take off fire, when all excess liquid is absorbed.
- Serve hot.
This is my favourite veggie recipe. I don't like peanut in my food so I skip it but others may like ...
See Full Review >> - Vidya Mathur, UK