Aloo Potol Dalna - Bengali Style
Need a pressure cooker for this oh-so-good dish.
Aloo Potol Dalna - Bengali Style Directions
- Preparation: Grind and make a paste separately 1.5 tsp. coriander and 1 tsp. cumin seeds. Grind finely 2" cinnamon sticks (or cinnamon powder, if available) and also the cardamom seeds. Peel and cut the potatoes in halves. Scrape and cut the parwals length-wise in halves or in three pieces, if big in size.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker pan and fry coconut until light brown and keep aside.
- Re-heat the oil and fry bay leaves and green chilies for a minute in it.
- Add coriander paste sprinkled with a little water.
- When fried, add the vegetables, coconut, sugar, salt and chilly powder. Add one cup of water and close the pressure cooker with its lid.
- When the steam starts escaping from the vent-tube, place the vent weight and pressure cook for 2 minutes.
- Cool cooker, open and add cardamom and cinnamon powder, mix well, re-heat and remove.
- Serve hot.