Traditional Indian potato dish suitable for all occasion. Need a pressure cooker for this dish.
Aloo Rasedaar Directions
- Pressure cook potato chunks and peas (do not cook peas if frozen being used) for about 6 minutes.
- Dice onions; chop ginger, green chili and garlic.
- Heat a little oil; add onions and sauté until golden. Add chopped ginger, chopped garlic and chopped green chili now and sauté.
- Add turmeric powder, cayenne pepper powder and dhaniya powder. Stir continuously until thoroughly mixed.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Sauté until tomato pieces are wilted.
- Add potatoes and peas. Top with 1½ cup of water. Add salt according to your taste.
- Simmer on low heat until gravy thickens slightly.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, squeeze a few drops of lemon juice, and serve hot.