Baked Gobhi (Cauliflower)
When done properly, almost tastes like meat.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 cauliflower (gobhi), large
- 2 cup(s) yogurt, hung for 2 hours or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garam masala
- 1 teaspoon(s) roasted and powdered dhania (coriander) and jeera (cumin) powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red chilies
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon(s) spring onions, for seasoning
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter, for seasoning
- 2 tablespoon(s) cilantro leaves, for seasoning
Baked Gobhi (Cauliflower) Directions
- Cut cauliflower into large florets. Immerse it into salted boiling water for 5-7 mins.
- Drain and run them under cold water. Pat dry with a kitchen towel. Mix all the ingredients in yogurt and make a smooth marinade.
- Apply all over to the florets with an oil brush. Apply as much as possible; also in the gaps.
- Add melted butter over the cauliflower. Place cauliflower in a shallow Pyrex (casserole) dish and place it in an oven preheated at 300 for about 20 to 25 mins or till the florets turn tender.
- For garnishing, heat butter and add spring onions to it. Stir fry for 2 mins.
- Pour this along with green dhaniya over the baked gobi and toss lightly with a fork.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala over the gobis.
- Serve hot. Best served with parathas or naan.