Sookha Aloo Matar
Goes great with puri or paratha. A popular dish for families traveling by trains in India.
Sookha Aloo Matar Directions
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, add heeng, raai, cumin seed, and red chilies.
- As soon as the rai begins to pop, add potatoes, stir, and fry the potatoes until they are brown.
- Add turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, and sugar.
- Stir once or twice, and then add peas.
- Add 250 ml of water and 1 tspn of salt. Bring to boil
- Cover and reduce the heat to low and cook on slow flame for 10 mins.
- Stir in grated tomatoes and remaining salt.
- Simmer gently uncovered for 10 more minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.