A delicious recipe from the Malabar region in South India.
Paneer Malabari Directions
- Soak poppy seed in water for 10 min. Grind with coconut, cashew, green chili and 1/4 cup water until smooth.
- Heat oil in a pot, add cumin seed and let splutter.
- Add cloves and cinnamon, let roast for a few seconds.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 min on low heat.
- Add onion and fry till translucent.
- Add tomato and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric and red chili powder.
- Sprinkle handful of water, cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add ground coconut mixture, salt and water. Close with a lid and cook medium low heat, till oil comes out. Keep stirring in between.
- Add paneer cubes, cilantro and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 8 min.
- Switch off flame and serve hot.