Great chicken recipe with spinach.
For 3 Person(s)
- 1/2 kilo(s) chicken
- 1 bunch of palak (spinach)
- 3 onions, medium sized
- 12 pods of garlic
- 6 green chilies, or to taste
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 4 cloves
- 1 stik of cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup(s) plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoon(s) cooking oil, for frying
Palak Chicken Directions
- Finely chop the onions, garlic and green chilies.
- Boil the spinach on low heat in a vessel till it is soft. Switch off and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok/pan.
- Add cloves, cinnamon, bay leaf. Fry for a minute.
- Add onions till they turn pink.
- Add finely chopped garlic, green chilies and coriander.
- Add spinach to this mixture.
- Fry this mixture for a couple of minutes
- Take the mixture off the heat.
- Use the blender to grind the spinach mixture to paste.
- Heat some more oil in pan. Add the paste from blender.
- Add curd / plain yogurt.
- Once the oil starts leaving the sides of the pan, add chicken and salt.
- Cook on low heat till the chicken is done.
- Serve with hot rotis or rice.
The recipe doesn't mention what to do with the chicken, but I deboned chicken breasts, cut them into...
See Full Review >> - Elizabeth R III