Kaleji (Liver) Curry
Goes great with naan, puri or roti. Also a great appetizer with drinks.
Waiting time 5m
For 4 Person(s)
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 0.5 cup(s) cilantro, chopped (for garnishing)
- 8 green chilies, chopped
- 6 teaspoon(s) ginger, garlic paste
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 cup(s) yogurt
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cup(s) cooking oil
- 1 kilo(s) mutton liver
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt (to taste)
- 4 pieces of fenugreek
Kaleji (Liver) Curry Directions
- Fry onions in hot oil till golden brown in a pressure cooker.
- Add ginger - garlic paste, tomatoes, green chilies, red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric, fenugreek, garam masala powder and slightly fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Put liver pieces, yogurt, salt and again fry for 5-10 minutes.
- Add 1½ glass of water and cover the lid and let it boil up to 5-6 whistles in pressure cooker.
- Turn the flame to medium and cook for 10-15 minutes or till liver becomes tender.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with naan or roti.