Author's note: I am from Patna, Bihar now living in New Jersey. We used to enjoy the Nargisi Kababs at Pintu Restaurant. I tried making it here in US and it came out delicious. However, it really became my favorite party appetizer when I started making it in the oven. (An idea I got from Neelam, my sister-in-law). My friend Poonam Verma (NJ) suggested I share the recipe with my PatnaDaily readers.
For 6 Person(s)
- 1 pound(s) ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 0.75 cup(s) bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- 4 green chilies, or to taste
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon(s) ginger paste
- 2 teaspoon(s) garama masala
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or to taste
Nargisi Kabab Directions
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Hard-boil and peel six eggs.
- Add to ground turkey – all ingredients except the hard-boiled eggs. Mix and mash ground turkey until it becomes smooth.
- Make 6 balls. Flatten each ball in the palm of your hand and cover the boiled egg with the turkey mixture.
- Continue with other kabobs.
- Bake the kabobs in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown, turning it once.
- Cut the kabobs in halves or quarters and serve hot with sliced onions and cilantro chutney.
- The kabobs can be prepared ahead, refrigerated for a day or two, and baked as necessary.