Chana Dal Dhoka
Excellent Bihari cuisine.
For 3 Person(s)
- 2 cup(s) chana dal (soaked overnight and grinded in food processor with little water)
- 4 Whole green chilies, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) black cumin seeds
- 0.25 teaspoon(s) asafetida (heeng)
- 0.5 cup(s) mustard oil (for frying)
- 2 Whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 2 teaspoon(s) red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon(s) poppy seed paste
- 10 grams whole garam masala
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) ghee
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt, or as desired
Chana Dal Dhoka Directions
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a nonstick pan.
- Add asafetida, black cumin, chopped ginger and green chili and fry.
- Add chana dal paste, salt, and fry for 15 minutes.
- Grease a tray with oil and put the fried dal paste on the tray, spread evenly & cool.
- Cut into diamond shape cube.
- Again, heat oil in a pan.
- Fry the dhoka cube until golden, then take out from the pan and keep aside.
- Add some oil to the pan and heat, then add asafetida, chopped tomato and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add rest of the masalas and pastes.
- Fry for 10 minutes
- add whole garam masala, dhoka pieces and ghee.
- Mix and fry for 10 more minutes.