Very delicious. Adds to the variety of a big meal.
For 2 Person(s)
- 1 pound(s) paneer, cut in cubes
- 1 large tomato, cut in big pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, cut in same size as tomato
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) cooking oil
- 3 medium onions, ground to paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) ginger-garlic paste
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 cup(s) tomato puree or paste
- 1.4 teaspoon(s) kasuri methi, curshed (dry methi leaves)
- 0.25 teaspoon(s) garam masala powder (made from 3 cloves, 2 green cardamom, and 1” piece cinnamon)
- 1 tablespoon(s) whipping cream (optional)
Kadai Paneer Directions
- Fry paneer in a non-stick pan with very little oil till golden.
- Remove in a bowl and add 1-cup hot water. Let sit in it while preparing masala, then drain the water.
- Pan fry both tomato and bell pepper in very little oil, in a non stick pan. Take out and keep aside.
- Heat oil or ghee in a kadai and fry onion paste until oil separates.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry 3 min.
- Add turmeric, coriander, red chili, cumin powders, and salt. Mix well.
- Add tomato puree, again mix well and cook for 5 min.
- Add kasuri methi and fried paneer and let cook covered for 3 min.
- Now add a cup of warm water, garam masala, stir fried bell pepper and tomato. Mix well & cook for 5 min covered. Garnish with cream.